Plum Creek is located on the west side of the Interstate 35 corridor in Kyle, Texas, just 17 miles south of Austin and 50 miles north of San Antonio. Plum Creek is in close proximity to Austin, San Marcos, and Wimberley.
• The City of Kyle, currently the fifth fastest growing city in Texas, has been named the "#1 Hot Spot" on the IH-35 Corridor by the Austin and San Antonio Business Journals.
• Plum Creek is less than one mile from IH-35 with dedicated access via both Kyle Parkway and Kohler's Crossing (2011) each of which are four-lane divided-access arterial roads. See exhibit.
• The San Antonio-Austin Corridor is the busiest inter-metro interstate in Texas. Current traffic counts exceed 100,000 in many locations. The corridor serves a booming region with an aggregate population of 3.5 million and stretches 100 miles from south San Antonio to Georgetown north of Austin.
• Plum Creek is located just 10 minutes south of the SH 45SE Turnpike which links IH-35 to the junction of SH 130 and US 183.
• The new SH 130 will be a 49-mile tollway extending from U.S. 183 southeast of Austin northward to IH-35 north of Georgetown, passing through Williamson and Travis Counties. Eventually, SH 130 will extend to Seguin, Texas.
• Plum Creek is located in the Austin-San Antonio Intermunicipal Commuter Rail District. The Rail District is analyzing alternatives for regional passenger rail in the Austin-San Antonio Corridor. Commercial sections of Plum Creek surround a proposed Austin – San Antonio commuter rail stop. www.lonestarrail.com/
• The University of Texas, St. Edward’s University, Texas State University, Concordia University, Huston Tillotson College and Austin Community College are all located within 50 miles of Plum Creek, giving Plum Creek access to over 100,000 students in higher education.
• The University of Texas is one of the most respected research universities in the world, with leaders in the fields of biotechnology, nanotechnology, battery cell research, and medicine.
• Corporate headquarters and major employers in the region include Dell, Whole Foods, Samsung, 3M, Schlotsky's, MultiMedia Games, HEB Foodstores, USAA Insurance, AT&T, Valero Energy, Southwest Research Institute, Frost Bank and Toyota.